Social Networking sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Tagged, and so on are great for many reasons to help you make more money online. Here are some of them:
(1) People will know you more. Personally. They see the human side of you. The more they are familiar with you the more they trust you. The more they trust you the more they listen to what you recommend or buy your products or services.
(2) You can create tons of quality backlinks for your website, which in the long run will boost your site's rank in search engines like Google and Yahoo. And it means quality visitors. It means business.
(3) You have a great chance to build your name as "a trusted brand name" by giving advices, helps not by hard selling.
(4) You can build your own networks of thousands of friends who like the things that you like. It will drive a lot of quality traffic to your sites, if you do it right.
(5) And many more.
There are also several Network Marketing sites that pay you for doing what you normally do in any other Social Networking sites, such as: MyLot, Yuwie, PeopleString, GeoString … you name it.
So if you have a lot of Good Friends in some Social Networking Sites that do not pay you, chances are you can ask them to join you in the ones that do.
This way, you earn money in 2 ways from Social Networking Sites that pay:
(1) By doing what you usually doing: blogging, uploading photos, uploading videos, etc.
(2) By referring your Social Networking Sites friends.
When you are pretty active, before you know it, you can pay your electricity and internet bills with the money you received from them. And, if your referrals are more than 500 and most of them are also active recruiting their own friends, you can pay for a lot more than just your electricity and internet bills.