Let’s not beat around the bush. The best way to get started with Internet Marketing is to get some help if you can. If you don’t know someone to mentor you, purchase an Internet Marketing product solution program which will guide you through the process of getting started and well into the future. You will save yourself a tremendous amount of time performing research, making plans, understanding concepts and learning about the necessary tools which have been mastered by others and can be leveraged. One of these programs will provide you with a jumpstart and your common sense will eventually take over. There is no need to re-invent the wheel. Focus on getting the basics down and then work to make the wheel turn faster. There are viable guides available for less than $100 dollars and they are worth every penny. Just perform your research well and avoid getting scammed.
That being said, time and effort will be needed to gain insights into the general concepts of internet marketing which include topics such as:
1. How to choose a market niche to target
2. What methods to use to earn income (commission based affiliate sales and pay per click advertising etc…)
3. Where to find products to sell (online marketplaces)
4. What methods to use to establish a web presence (websites, blogs, articles, online news, etc……)
5. How to drive traffic to your web presence
6. How to analyze web behavior related to your web presence and products being marketed.
7. What resources and tools you will need to help you with the above mentions activities
Having gained insights into each of these areas, you will need to gain a perspective on your level of knowledge and skills which may need development. If some of these concepts are new to you, don’t be intimidated. You may just need a little help cutting to the chase. An internet marketing product solution guide can help. It is not that difficult and it is very rewarding to see yourself progress. Keep in mind you need to be persistent as generating revenue will occur gradually and you need to stick with it to make it worth your while.
Once you are ready to begin you will need to establish a basic plan focused on the first few weeks. Your plan will likely evolve to include the following:
1. Establish a website hosting provider relationship to host your website – Some Internet Marketing solution products will provide website presence for you eliminating the need to initially host your own website with a hosting provider. I recommend you go ahead and secure a website hosting provider and establish your own domain to get started. The cost to do this is as low as $5.00 – $7.00 per month and you get unlimited email accounts which you can use smartly to prevent spam from building up on your primary personal email account. Hint: use throw away email accounts for distributing online as needed, not your primary personal email account. Creating and owning a hosted website is half the fun. It becomes a bit of an obsession watching your website grow and generate traffic and one would like to think your web presence on the internet is providing value to someone. I am finding people on my websites for 30 minutes to an hour at a time which tells me they are finding useful information.
2. Identify and secure marketplace relationships
3. Determine the niche market and products you want to target
4. Create and publish your website with selected product offerings
5. Establish a relationship with Google AdSense
6. Figure out how to monitor your websites for traffic
7. Perform continuous improvement planning to improve your website and work on driving traffic to your website
Something you will hear is it is all about content. Remember that phrase and work to improve your sites content. However, don’t wait until your site is perfect to publish it. Publish your website when you have something reasonable, learn from what you are doing and make it better over time.
Once you have accomplished these basic activities, you will have created an initial framework and are ready to move to the next phase which is driving traffic to your websites and generating revenue. It is exciting to get to this point and is not that difficult, especially if you have some help. You may not be realizing much revenue at this point, but you will have the initial framework in place to learn how to drive traffic to your website and to improve your web presence strategy. This is where the real work begins refining your methods of making your websites presence known and generating income.
Source by Brad Helbig